The image below shows how Quickmail will appear when added to a course. The three links are described as follows:
- Compose New EmailCourse Message: takes you to Quickmail's email composition page.
- Signatures: set your signature
- View Drafts: view any drafts.
- View HistoryScheduled: view scheduled email.
- View Sent Messages: takes you to a history of all your emails sent by Quickmail in the current course.
- My Signature: create signature.
- Configuration: takes you to Quickmail's configuration screen; do not change.
Step 2: Compose New Email
- Potential Recipients: this is the area where your students will be listed after you have manually enrolled them into your course or self-enrolled into the course. NOTE: If you have no students listed that means no students have enrolled yet.
- To: this area contains a series of check boxes, one for each course user. Each user who has their check box checked, will be emailed. Also, there is a handy button that can Check All or Uncheck All users. If a Group mode has been set in Quickmail's settings or if Force group mode is turned on, then the display of the users and their check boxes changes. Here is how the different modes affect the display:
- Visible groups: users and their check boxes are grouped together by their groups and each group has a Check All and an Uncheck All button.
- Separate groups: only users belonging to your group are displayed. Teachers always see the Visisible groups display because s/he never belongs to a group.
- Similarities between both modes: each group's name and picture are printed. Also, all users not belonging to a group are added at the bottom.
- Subject: whatever is written here will appear as the email's subject.
- Message: this area is used to compose the email message or body.
- Attachment: this is the only optional field and it behaves differently for Students and for Teachers.
- Students can select a file from their hard drive to attach to the email. This file is only temporarily stored on the server and it deleted after the email has been sent.
- Teachers use the standard course files interface. These files are stored in the course files and are never removed by Quickmail
Step 3: History
This page displays a table with information regarding sent emails. The columns are as follows: