Need to record your lectures or have an assignment where you need to record a presentation?
|Table of Contents|
Techsmith Relay is already installed on all campus computers, faculty, staff, and classrooms. You just need to launch the desktop icon.
Login to Techsmith Relay
- To get started, click the Launch Capture button in the TechSmith Relay website
- After you've installed the app, it only takes a few seconds, return to the TechSmith Relay website and click Launch Capture again. The Launching TechSmith Capture webpage will open, and the TechSmith Capture application will launch after the 5-second countdown is complete.
Set up a Webcam Recording (optional)
TechSmith Capture can record full-frame webcam video. This feature is great for personal intro videos or to show off a bit of your human side between slides. You can record a webcam-only video, or toggle back and forth between webcam and screen content during recording.
Note: If you don’t see your webcam in the list of available devices, make sure your webcam is on and connected to your computer.
Record Your Screen
TechSmith Capture records all screen action on a single monitor, or a region of the screen. This is great for recording slideshows, websites, or anything else you can show on a computer screen.
Note: If you need to cancel the screen area before recording, click the Cancel button.
Audio is a crucial part of any video. TechSmith Capture can capture system audio and audio from a single microphone.
- To record the audio that you hear playing back on your computer, enable the Record System Audio button. Note that you can record both system audio and narration from a single microphone at the same time.
Pause and Stop Your Recording
- To take a short break while making your video, use the Pause button to temporarily stop recording.
- When you're all done recording, click the Stop button.
- During recording, the recording controls may be displayed on a second monitor, if you have one.
- If you record full-screen on a single monitor, look for the mini-controls in the lower-right corner of your screen to pause, resume, toggle your webcam, etc.
Preview Your Recording
After you finish recording your video, it opens in the Preview Window for you to play back. We recommend at least checking to make sure you've captured audio at a sufficient volume. From here, you can Upload your video to TechSmith Relay, or Cancel your recording if it didn't turn out quite right.
- Locate the TechSmith Capture App
When a new version of TechSmith Capture is available, it will download and install silently in the background. If you ever want to be sure you have the latest version, use the Download option from the launch tab, and re-install the app from your Downloads folder.