|Table of Contents|
Editing Your Moodle Profile
Everyone has a personal profile page in Moodle. This page allows you to post your picture, a personal statement, and other information you would like your peers, students, or classmates to see. It is visible to all other participants in each course your are enrolled in.
Step 1: Login to Moodle
Click on Your Name and select Profile.
Step 2: Click on Edit Profile
Scroll to the section labeled User Picture.
Step 3: Scroll to the section labeled User Picture.
Click the Add button, (it looks like a piece of paper with a ‘plus’ sign). This will take you to "file picker" where you can upload a file or you can drag and drop a photo from your computer. NOTE: The picture must be in JPG or PNG format. Moodle will crop the image to a 100x100 pixel square. Your Moodle upload limit applies.
Once selected, click Update profile at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Refresh your browser if the profile image hasn't changed.
Updating other fields
- There are numerous preference settings you can adjust.
- Do NOT edit or delete your ID number field. Doing so will prevent automatic enrollment in courses.
- You may wish to include some of the following information:
- Web page address
- IDs for common peer-to-peer and social networking sites
- Phone numbers
- Campus Address
- Click the Update profile button at the bottom of the page.
Other information that cannot be updated
Much of the information in the top section of the Edit profile page is drawn from your network account. Changes made to this information will not be retained: the next time you login, it will revert to the information associated with your campus account. Please do NOT edit the following:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address — this should always be your campus email address
- ID number field
- If you find any of these are incorrect, please contact the Help Desk to have it corrected.