The Scheduler module helps you in scheduling appointments with your students. Teachers specify time slots for meetings, students then choose one of them on Moodle. Teachers in turn can record the outcome of the meeting - and optionally a grade - within the scheduler.
Step 1: Open Moodle Course
Log in and go to the course you want to reset. Important Note: reset a course when all grades have been posted in Sonis and made official. Resetting a given activity is irreversible.
Step 2: Add 'Scheduler'
- Click the "Turn editing on" button.
- Click the link "Add an activity or resource."
- In the box that appears, choose "Scheduler" and click the "Add" button.
- A web page will appear called "Adding a new Scheduler." Type in the name of the scheduler, which can be changed later.
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click the "Save and display" button.
- A webpage will appear with the name of your scheduler at the top. Click the "Add slots" link.
- A drop-down menu will appear that allows you to add repeated slots or a single slot. Click the link to add repeated slots.
- Options will appear to add time slots. For this lesson, the slots you add can be real or fictitious, for practice. All time slots must occur in the future, and the start time must be before the end time. The simplest option is to:
- Click the "Start time" menu and choose a time that is one hour from now.
- Click the "End time" menu and choose a time that is one hour after the start time.
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and click "Save changes."
After these steps, a basic scheduler will appear. To learn more, view the scheduler as a student or explore the options below.
Step 4: Adding Slots
Click on the schedule activity name you assigned (ex. ). Click on 'Add slots' and select from the two options (1. add repeated slots or 2. add single slot).
Add Slot Form Elements
- Start date for making slots.
- End date for making slots. Keeping it equal to start date will make slots for a single day. Over these dates, slots will be repeated based on the day of week and time.
- You can choose which days of the week to create slots on. Take care to not disable all of the days in the date range you selected.
- The hour range for making slots can be set here. The hour range can roll over 00:00.
- Selecting "Divide into slots" will create multiple slots fitting within the range specified above. If not selected, a single slot with the given duration will be created at start of the hour range.
- Set the duration for each slot.
- You may set a break to appear after each slot, allowing you time to write notes or rest.
- The "Force when overlap" setting will allow the slot creating procedure to continue even if there are some other slots on the way. This will also remove the old slots after the new ones are created.
- Using "Maximum number of students per slot" you can specify how many students should be able to sign up for each slot. For one-on-one meetings, this would be 1 student.
- Here, you can set the location where you will meet students.
- If you own the "mod/scheduler:manageallappointments" or the "mod/scheduler:canscheduletootherteachers" capability, you may appoint for someone else than yourself.
- You may change these setting to limit availability of slots to students based on how far away the slots are. Options include "Now" (always available), "1-6 days before", and "1-6 weeks before."
- You may control when a reminder will be sent by mail to the student. Options include "Now" (always available), "1-6 days before", and "1-6 weeks before
Select this module for a single time frame on a certain day. You can have multiple students book a time single time slot.
- Set the date
- Set the duration
- Type in the number of student(s) for each slot
- Select the Teacher